Ameelio has quickly established itself as the future of prison communication and virtual learning. We were recently chosen as one of Fast Company’s 2021 World-Changing Ideas and received a New York Times Good Tech Award.
The RFP Writer will be in charge of sourcing, scoping, and writing technical proposals in response to state and local governments’ Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI). The Technical Proposal Writer will work closely with the Sales Development Representative, Program Director and Public Policy & Advocacy Manager, and will play a key role in presenting our products to government clients.
Title: RFP Writer (Full-time, part-time option available)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Remote-first. We also have an office in NYC that you could use.
We are looking for highly detailed, enthusiastic team players with impeccable writing skills to create responses to requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs), as well as develop white papers, product descriptions, and other client-facing sales collateral for Ameelio’s growing sales team!
What you will do
- Use your expertise to research, write and edit proposals and sales documents within prescribed deadlines.
- Manage the RFP process from RFP analysis and timelines to reviews and production.
- Closely follow government departments guidelines in writing, revising, and editing sales documents.
- Use your strong interpersonal skills to work with subject matter experts (SMEs) in multiple departments and senior-level management
- Be part of a great team and collaborate with sales team members across the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or other related areas.
- Minimum of 2 years of sales, marketing, or technical writing experience or equivalent certifications
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (styles, formulas, document design, etc.)
- Awesome written and verbal communication skills
- High internal motivation and the desire to go the extra mile
- Excellent attention to detail in writing, editing, and project management
- Strong project and time management skills and the ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment
- Great people skills and the ability to be personable and professional
- Flexibility, and the ability to manage changing priorities
- Experience in government procurement
- Evidence of successful support to large competitive proposals.
- Formal proposal writing training and/or certifications (e.g., Shipley) desired.
- Understanding of and ability to analyze and correct documents for compliance
- Preferred knowledge of cloud technologies, security technologies, hardware configuration, and software development.
- You have a keen ability to identify opportunities for process improvements and will bring a deep understanding of building controls and processes from the ground up.
- You excel in a startup environment. You are a self-starter, organized, adaptable, and embrace continuous improvement and learning.